I'm trying to install Ubuntu 19.04 on a Dell Optiplex 790. I'm getting the issue where the installer hangs with an infinite spinning mouse pointer wheel when I click on "Continue" upon selecting the keyboard layout. Here are some things to note:
- It matters not weather I select "Try Ubuntu" or "Install Ubuntu"
- same thing when booting from a USB drive, an HDD connected to SATA or a DVD
- The USB drives where prepared with DD
- The DVD's(2 of them) where burned with Windows 10 and K3B on Kubuntu
- I tried to set the "nomodeset" parameter as explained on other posts but it did not work for me, unless I didn't do it properly.
- Since Ubuntu was giving me this issue, I tried to install PopOS and I got the same problem :-S
- Unfortunately, I don't have access to another computer to test.
This is my setup:
CPU: Intel i5-2400 (4) @ 3.400GHz GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 580 Memory: 11961MiB Storage: KingDian 120GB SSD
This is the first time in probably 10 years that I'm having issues installing Ubuntu. Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you have any additional questions as well.