OS: KUBUNTU 19.04 Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster ZxR Sound Setup: front (left/right), center, bass, rear (left/right)
My problem is, that all speaker outputs are played at the front speakers.
I did the following:
- Set speaker setup at Plasma sound settings to "Analog Surround 5.1-Output + Analog Stereo-Input" (GP102 HDMI is my NVIDIA Graphics Card)
- If I click on any rear speaker there, to test audio output, they are played on front speakers. The setup seems very faulty:
- rear right: output on front left and right at the same time
- rear left: output on front left and right at the same time
- center: output on front left and right at the same time
- front left: output on front left (one of two correct speakers)
- front right: output on front right (one of two correct speakers)
- I then executed
alsamixerand noticed that my NVIDIA Graphics card was initially selected. I switched with F6 to my ZxR and set it up like this:
- I ran
speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -twav. An error message appeared and I was unable to perform the command: Error when opening the device: -2
- I googled how to set the default device and so I did
0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia HDA NVidia at 0xdf080000 irq 17 1 [Creative ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Creative HDA Creative at 0xdf204000 irq 19
kate ~/.asoundrc I set my default device:
defaults.pcm.card 1 defaults.ctl.card 1 defaults.timer.card 1
- after a restart
speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -twavwas working: Unfortunately rear left output is on front left, rear right output is on front right, center appears to be on both front (left/right) speakers
Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
Update: Most Tutorials that mess with ALSA and PULSE handle audio output via HDMI or S/PDIF. This does not apply to my setup. I plugged three 3.5mm jacks into my soundcard: (left/right), (Center/Subwoofer), (Rear left/ Rear right). This is the reason why I set my audio config to "Analog Surround 5.1-Output". Unfortunately I haven't found my case in the web nor the case where all audio outputs are played on the front speakers.