Looks like this phone does not support flashing partitions via the
fastboot utility. According to this guide you will first need to root the phone by following the instructions from here:
- Download the latest version of Framaroot and side-load the APK.
- Open Framaroot select the action to perform. Select xe2x80x9cInstall SuperSUxe2x80x9d.
- In the rooting menu, Select an exploit in list above to potentially root your device as Barahir or BOROMIR and proceed further. The rooting has now started and you will be getting an awesome success message.
- After the end of the installation process, reboot your device and you can now enjoy the Rooted Lenovo s920.
After the phone is rooted, you will need to do the following:
- Download CWM For Lenovo S920 and extract it to the root of your SD Card.
- Install Mobile Uncle App from Google Play Store.
- Once installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Select xe2x80x9cRecovery Updatexe2x80x9d from the menu. The tool will search your SDcard automatically and find your xe2x80x9crecovery.imgxe2x80x9d file. Select the recovery under xe2x80x9cRecovery file in SDCardxe2x80x9d. Click xe2x80x9cOKxe2x80x9d
- It will ask you if you want to reboot into recovery. Click Ok to confirm that your phone boots in CWM recovery.
- If installing Recovery.img doesnxe2x80x99t work on First Time, no problem, after reboot install it again through same procedure.
This installs the recovery temporarily. If you wish to install it permanently, also do the following:
- Install Root Explorer and run it.
- Mount the
system partition to Read/Write.
- Navigate to /system/ and delete the file named "recovery-from-boot.p".
- Re-install CWM as described above.